Project Information, Dissemination & Publications
‘Technology Overview: Composite Recycling Ltd.’s RecEOL Recycling Reactor’ – Dr Frank Riedewald (technology inventor) presents an overview of the wide range of composite materials that can be recycled in the RecEOL recycling reactor: RecEOL-Technology-Overview_October-2021.pdf
‘Solving The Global Problem Of E-Waste’ – an article by the RecEOL project team (July 2021): Solving-The-Global-Problem-of-E-Waste_RecEOL_July21_v2.pdf
Project Outline / Lay Summary: A brief summary of the patented RecEOL technology (March 2020).
Peer-Reviewed Scientific Articles / Publications
- Riedewald F., Povey I., O’Mahoney M., Sousa-Gallagher M. 2022. A multi-purpose pilot-scale molten metal & molten salt pyrolysis reactor, MethodsX, 9. (available online December 2021).
- Riedewald F., Vogt D., O’Mahoney M., Sousa-Gallagher M. 2021. Ejection of molten salt over large distances – safety implications of operating with molten salts at all scales, Loss Prevention Bulletin, 282 :15-18.
- Riedewald F., Patel Y., Wilson E., Santos S., Sousa-Gallagher M. 2020. Economic assessment of a 40,000 t/y mixed plastic waste pyrolysis plant using direct heat treatment with molten metal: A case study of a plant located in Belgium. Waste Management, 2020.
- D. Vogt, M. Stelter 2019. “Recovery of critical metals from WEEE by molten salt pyrolysis”, in Proceedings of EMC 2019, Volume 3, (pp. 1121-1136), Düsseldorf, 23-26 June 2019. GDMB Verlag GmbH, Clausthal-Zellerfeld.
Other Media Articles
- 28 May 2018: Geological Survey Ireland – ‘UCC leads €1.4m Circular Economy project to recycle electronic wastes’. https://www.gsi.ie/en-ie/events-and-news/news/Pages/UCC-leads-%E2%82%AC1-4m-Circular-Economy-project-to-recycle-electronic-wastes.aspx
- 20 Jun 2018: Silicon Republic – ‘Latest ‘urban mining’ tech to be piloted in Ireland under €1.4m scheme’ by Colm Gorey. https://www.siliconrepublic.com/machines/urban-mining-ireland
- 28 Jun 2018: E-Scrap News – ‘Project employs molten salts for PCB recycling’ by Jared Paben. https://resource-recycling.com/e-scrap/2018/06/28/project-employs-molten-salts-for-pcb-recycling/
- 29 Jun 2018: Recycling International – ‘Irish breakthrough extracting e-scrap metals in 15 minutes’ by Kirstin Linnenkoper. https://recyclinginternational.com/e-scrap/irish-breakthrough-extracting-e-scrap-metals-in-15-minutes/