PhD Candidate: Using Participatory Arts Research (PAR) to comprehend Strategies of Resistance and Sisterhood Through Feminist Embroidery: a Comparative Study Between Mexico and Ireland.Read more
Who We Are
01 Oct 2020
18 Aug 2021
PhD Candidate – De la resistencia a la reconstrucción: Lucha epistémico cultural de la mujer originaria chiapaneca. Murales de Oventic: esencia de identidad nacional.Read more
01 Oct 2019
Otras miradas: representations of gender violence in contemporary Mexican visual culture (2001-2011)Read more
01 Oct 2019
Through the looking-glass: the interartistic practice of Remedios VaroRead more
01 Oct 2015
Echoes of existentialism in the works of Carlos FuentesRead more
Previous Researchers in the centre
Alexander, Donna Maria
Borreye, Orla Juliette
Cruz García, Ana
Roberto Bolaño and the Adaptation of 2666 to the Theatre
Historical Analysis of Legal Changes about the Border Post 9-11
Representations of Narcoculture
Goals of the Centre
- Produce world-leading research in the area of Mexican Studies with particular focus on contemporary cultural studies including literature, cinema, art and other forms.
- To become the leading academic research centre for Mexican Studies in Ireland through publications and other research outputs; research activity; doctoral research.
- To forge strong partnerships locally, nationally and internationally to support research activity.
- To act as a research focus for the Department of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies through a dynamic programme of activities that includes research seminars by leading academics in Mexican Studies as well as readings and talks by distinguished Mexican writers and critics.
- To develop external engagement agenda through the forging of links with the Mexican community through community engagement events and activities.
- To develop international partnerships through collaboration.
- To support and develop doctoral research in Mexican Studies.
- To act as a focal point for interdisciplinary engagement with other research centres.