Staff Supporting Students
- When supporting a student: You can listen, you can give the student time to talk, you can understand the situation from their point of view, you can be sympathetic and not dismissive, and you can make appropriate referrals.
- Comprehensive information about supporting a student is available here. For immediate guidance, please go to the flowchart on page 7.
- This is a helpful video developed by Student Counselling & Development that offers guidance on how staff members can support distressed students.
- If you would like to speak with a Student Counsellor, please email us at email@example.com
- Confidential support and counselling is available for UCC staff. Further information available here.