Staff Supporting Students
- When supporting a student: You can listen, you can give the student time to talk, you can understand the situation from their point of view, you can be sympathetic and not dismissive, and you can make appropriate referrals.
- Comprehensive information is available in this section. For immediate guidance, please go to the flowchart at the end of the section.
- This is a helpful video developed by Student Counselling & Development that offers guidance on how staff members can support distressed students.
- If you would like to speak with a Student Counsellor, please email us at email@example.com
- Confidential support and counselling is available for UCC staff. Further information available here.
- Student Counselling & Development, in collaboration with Student Health, UCC Staff Wellbeing, UCC Health Matters and UCC Library, have put together a collection of self-help books for staff.