3. Nomination Procedure and Form
1. Calls for nominations are made by the President's Office. Staff currently on the UCC payroll are invited to submit nominations. Staff on the UCC payroll are eligible for nomination. Retired staff are not eligible for nomination.
2. Individuals or teams may not self-nominate.
3. An individual or team may only be nominated once, and for one award category only,in any particular year.
4. A staff member can be selected for an individual staff recognition award no more than once in any five year period.
5. An individual or team must consent to their nomination. The Nomination Form 2020 requires confirmation that nominees have consented to their nomination.
6. Nominees must have completed their period of probation at the time of nomination to be eligible for consideration for an award.
7. The Selection Committee reserves the right to not make an award in all/any particular category in any given year.
8. Nominations will not be considered:
if received after the closing date;
if the prescribed Nomination Form is not used or is incomplete;
if the prescribed letters of support are not submitted with the nomination; and/or
if the prescribed word count is exceeded in any part of the document
9. A nominator is required to provide relevant information on why he/she believes the individual or team nominee should be considered for the selected award category. The nominator should ensure that the supporting documentation is as complete as possible. Nominators are asked to assess the contribution of a nominee against the criteria for the relevant award category. Nominators must focus the information provided on the nomination form, specifically on the relevant selection criteria.
10. The nomination form and prescribed supporting documentation should make the full case for the nominee. The nominator will not have a further opportunity to submit further information nor make the case for a nominee before the Selection Committee.
11. Two letters of support, from other colleagues and/or students are required as part of the nomination. One of the two letters of support may be from a person(s) external to UCC. Letters of support should address the criteria for the relevant award category and should not exceed 200 words.
12. Nominators will be required to submit the nomination form and the two letters of support in one pdf document.
13. Deadline for receipt of nomination form with supporting documentation is 5pm, FRIDAY, 24th July 2020 (extended deadline). Please submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Any nominations received after this date will not be accepted)
14. Click for Nomination Form 2020
Should you have any queries in relation to what might be the most appropriate award category for your nominee please contact Dr Louise Crowley, email@example.com
Updated: July 2020