UCC offers over 500 free or subsidised places for those looking to upskill
Over 500 free or subsidised postgraduate and higher diploma places are being offered by University College Cork (UCC) to those seeking to upskill during the economic downturn.
Workers seeking to enhance their skills in the pharma, agriculture, languages, software, supply chain management, sustainability, health and safety and environmental fields are being offered free and subsidised courses. Many programmes are available with a 90% fee subsidy.
“We want to help Ireland get back to work and these programmes are designed to meet skills shortages across Ireland’s economy and allow workers to upskill in what is a rapidly changing work landscape” commented UCC Deputy President & Registrar, Professor John O’Halloran.
UCC was awarded funding by the Irish Government under the Human Capital Initiative (HCI) and the Springboard+ initiative to provide these free and subsidised courses.
254 places across six programmes are being offered, they include:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Bioanalytical Chemistry (level 9)
- Higher Diploma in Sustainability in Enterprise: Meeting the Challenges of the Future (level 8)
- Higher Diploma in Global Software Sales, Support, and Localisation (level 8)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Innovation through Design Thinking (level 9)
- Higher Diploma in Design and Production of BioPharmaceuticals (level 8)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Regulatory Sciences (level 9)
Additionally 300 places across 12 part-time programmes are being offered in UCC’s Adult Continuing Education (ACE), they are:
- Certificate in Environmental Science, Sustainability and Climate (level 7)
- Diploma in Leadership for the Agri-Food Sector (Level 7)
- Certificate in Operator Development (Pharma Manufacturing) (level 7)
- Certificate in Process and Chemical Engineering (level 7)
- Certificate in Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (level 7)
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management (Level 7)
- Certificate in Procurement Management (level 8)
- Higher Diploma in Advanced Languages and Global Communication (level 8)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Project Management (level 9)
- Postgraduate Certificate in (Bio) Pharma Processing (level 9)
- Postgraduate Diploma in (Bio) Pharma Processing (level 9)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Arts and Humanities (Level 9)
“These courses are a fantastic opportunity for people to re-energise their careers. They are part-time, flexible and crucially they are either free or very affordable” stated Lyndsey El Amoud, Assistant Director of ACE, UCC.
For more details on these courses visit https://springboardcourses.ie/