dashc, client emulator for DASH video streaming
dashc is an emulator of the video player, it is intended to be used as a test tool. The original goal was to have a lightweight test tool for network performance experiments with a real DASH video streaming traffic.
dashc has several options which can be changed through the command line arguments:
- video adaptation algorithm (Conventional, BBA-0/BBA-1/BBA-2, ARBITER);
- initial buffer size (in segments);
- last segment index for play;
- log file and folder name (the log file can be on/off);
- maximum buffer size (in seconds);
- persistent connection (on/off);
- generation of the meta information for BBA-2 and ARBITER (file with segment sizes);
You can find the source code of dashc on the following link https://github.com/uccmisl/dashc
Aleksandr Reviakin, Ahmed H. Zahran, Cormac J. Sreenan. dashc : a highly scalable client emulator for DASH video. MMSys 2018 Open Dataset & Software Track.