As part of UCC Innovation, GatewayUCC offers a supportive and dynamic work environment for knowledge-based start-up, spin-out, and spin-in companies in the heart of University College Cork.
We provide entrepreneurs with a comprehensive business support programme that includes Mentoring, Access to Financial Advice, Seminars, one-to-one Consultancy, Workshops, introduction to Venture Capital Opportunities and Business Angels Programmes.
Encompassing c. 1,400 sq m, including 25 incubation units, ‘wet-lab’ space to accommodate biotechnology companies, and hot-desking facilities, we provide a stimulating environment to nurture and explore the feasibility of their business opportunity.
GatewayUCC will assist entrepreneurs to develop start-up companies by helping to establish co-operative links between UCC researchers and the wider business community.
Located adjacent to the departments of Food Science and Technology at University College Cork, GatewayUCC can also offer start-up and pre-startup companies in the areas of Bio, Food and Pharma access to 400 sq m of dedicated Bio-Laboratory
Working in tandem with entrepreneurs, our team will help to protect start-ups from having their intellectual property exploited.
Advantages of Locating Your Start-Up at GatewayUCC
- c. 1,400 sq m of high-quality Office and Wet Laboratory accommodation
- Own door facilities, direct dial telephone, heat and light
- 25 Incubation units ranging in size from 15 sq m to 67 sq m
- 10 Hot Desk spaces for developing the feasibility of your business concept
- 4 Bio-Incubation Laboratories with separate Write Up Offices
- Special rates at UCC's Mardyke Arena Health and Leisure Centre
- Special rates at UCC's Boole Library
- Engaging Campus Environment
- Access to UCC Network of Researchers (excellent support and linkages into academic departments)
- Secure parking
- Access to extensive UCC Library
- Dedicated Server Room
- Access to 16 seat Board Room (AV Facilities)
- Access to Larger Conference Room 40 Seats (suitable for Seminar/Conferences/Video conferencing)
- Access to Business Support Programmes
- Access to Business Mentor Programmes
- Access to Financial Advice, introduction to Venture Capital opportunities, Business Angel Programme
- Programme of Specialist Seminars
- Access to full range of University Facilities - large lecture theatres, Atrium, etc. - to facilitate Company/Product Launches, Public Presentations and Trade Exhibitions