As part of UCC Innovation, GatewayUCC offers a supportive and dynamic work environment for knowledge-based start-up, spin-out, and spin-in companies in the heart of University College Cork.
We provide entrepreneurs with a comprehensive business support programme that includes Mentoring, Access to Financial Advice, Seminars, one-to-one Consultancy, Workshops, introduction to Venture Capital Opportunities and Business Angels Programmes.
Encompassing c. 1,400 sq m, including 25 incubation units, ‘wet-lab’ space to accommodate biotechnology companies, and hot-desking facilities, we provide a stimulating environment to nurture and explore the feasibility of their business opportunity.
GatewayUCC will assist entrepreneurs to develop start-up companies by helping to establish co-operative links between UCC researchers and the wider business community.
Located adjacent to the departments of Food Science and Technology at University College Cork, GatewayUCC can also offer start-up and pre-startup companies in the areas of Bio, Food and Pharma access to 400 sq m of dedicated Bio-Laboratory
Working in tandem with entrepreneurs, our team will help to protect start-ups from having their intellectual property exploited.
Working in partnership with Enterprise Ireland and each of the Local Enterprise Offices in Cork City and County, GatewayUCC will provide entrepreneurs with access to a panel of expert mentors who offer specalised advisory services based on the specific needs of start-ups.
Advantages of Locating Your Start-Up at GatewayUCC
- c. 1,400 sq m of high-quality Office and Wet Laboratory accommodation
- Own door facilities, direct dial telephone, heat and light
- 25 Incubation units ranging in size from 15 sq m to 67 sq m
- 10 Hot Desk spaces for developing the feasibility of your business concept
- 4 Bio-Incubation Laboratories with separate Write Up Offices
- Special rates at UCC's Mardyke Arena Health and Leisure Centre
- Special rates at UCC's Boole Library
- Engaging Campus Environment
- Access to UCC Network of Researchers (excellent support and linkages into academic departments)
- Secure parking
- Access to extensive UCC Library
- Dedicated Server Room
- Access to 16 seat Board Room (AV Facilities)
- Access to Larger Conference Room 40 Seats (suitable for Seminar/Conferences/Video conferencing)
- Access to Business Support Programmes
- Access to Business Mentor Programmes
- Access to Financial Advice, introduction to Venture Capital opportunities, Business Angel Programme
- Programme of Specialist Seminars
- Access to full range of University Facilities - large lecture theatres, Atrium, etc. - to facilitate Company/Product Launches, Public Presentations and Trade Exhibitions