Practice Teaching in Social Work
Practice teaching is a dynamic CPD learning experience where social work students bring skills and energy to your team, and are ready to make a positive contribution to social work practice with your guidance. UCC would like to hear from social workers (min. 2 years post-qualification) who are interested in supervising a student on placement from September to December and/or January to April. Student placements are normally 14 weeks (500 hours).
Benefits of practice teaching:
- Contribute to the development of the profession of social work through the training and education of students.
- Access CPD opportunities.
- Gain significant hours towards meeting your CORU CPD requirements.
- Gain supervision experience.
- Gain access to UCC's libraries while your student is on placement.
- UCC pays a placement fee to practice teachers in most settings.
- Social workers who engage in practice teaching have continually informed us of the benefits they receive in terms of their own education and development.