Outline & Objectives
The ideals of the YCRN event can be captured in three words: Inspire, Connect, Interact.
The scientific focus of the first Young Cancer Researchers Networking event is on translational cancer research with the key goal to promote collaborative approach between laboratory and clinical research.
The key objective of the YCRN meeting is to create an opportunity for Junior Cancer Researchers to identify and develop their future partnerships and to promote the advance of translational cancer research. We are aiming to improve the visibility of junior researchers and inspire them to actively engage the public with their work.
The YCRN event is aimed at currently registered postgraduate research students, it is a platform for PhD and MD/PhD students to report their scientific discoveries. Postgraduate students presenting their research at the YCRN event will have an opportunity to increase the exposure and feedback of their research.
Established cancer researchers and research group leaders are invited to attend and present their data in a poster form.
We appreciate the importance of interaction between people who drive innovative research at the basic science level and people who operate at clinical investigation level. We believe effective cancer research is a continuum from the “bench to bedside”. The YCRN event is being organised to accommodate cross interactivity between the scientists and clinical investigators.
We have designed 6 scientific sessions, each session will have windows for 4 talks - the opening talk will be delivered by an established researcher within the session theme and 3 talks are reserved for PhD students. Session 6 - Translational Research - is designed for senior researchers and dedicated to the discussion of research applications.
- Great networking opportunity with your European colleagues working in the translational cancer research field – to build your future collaborations and professional network
- Opportunity to give a talk – 15 windows in 5 sessions: Cell Death, Cell Signalling, Biomarker Discovery, Cancer Immunology, Novel Cancer Therapies - or present a poster
- Cross interactivity between the scientists and clinical investigators
- Career Fair – will include representatives from Academia and Pharma Industry
- Interactive Working Groups – to discuss your research progress and hurdles
- Expert presentations
- Affordable conference fee
- Opportunity to visit Cork – one of the friendliest city in Europe!