Your questions answered!
What’s in the Hub?
- The Hub is UCC’s newest building, and the first port-of-call for UCC’s support services & student life organisations. To find out more about what services & spaces will be in the Hub, go to 'Inside the Hub'.
What kind of events are held in the Hub?
- There will be a lot of different types of events hosted in the Hub, it all depends on how our students, staff, and community want to use the buidling. Staff will be welcome to book some spaces for reoccurring lectures, and for once-off workshops and seminars.
- We are seeking Champions across all four colleges to trial formal and informal learning activities in the Hub. If you are interested in becoming a Hub Champion, then email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Can I book rooms in the Hub?
- There are a range of spaces that will be available for booking in the Hub, these range in capacity from 12 persons up to 250 persons. The spaces in the Hub are not designed in a typical traditional/fixed lecture theatre or meeting room layout. The spaces are designed to be flexible, with the ability to adapt quickly to your needs. If you have any queries regarding booking spaces in the Hub, prior to the launch of our online booking system, you can contact email@example.com.
Are there work-spaces available in the Hub?
- There are public tables, benches with access to power, and meeting rooms, which can be used. Currently there are no 'bookable' work-stations for staff.
Can I host regular lectures or tutorials in the Hub?
- Yes you can. Bookings for regular lectures/ events can be made as usual via your departmental timetabler and the Room Bookings Office.
Can I host events or talks in the Hub for members of the general public, staff or alumni?
- You are very welcome to host such events in the Hub, subject to room availablity. Please note that as per the room bookings policy, some bookings may incur a charge if they are generating income. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.