About the Team
The Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Toolkit project is jointly funded by The National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education and The Higher Education Authority. The SDG Toolkit project creates and curates resources for teaching staff to integrate sustainability concepts into learning and teaching to support the UCC Academic Strategy. The project is coordinated by a Steering Committee and an Advisory Group composed of stakeholders from UCC teaching staff and students and Cork City Council. Both groups function within a transdisciplinary framework. Additionally, a group of Critical Friends provided objective feedback throughout the project.
- Dr. Maria Kirrane, Sustainability Officer, Buildings & Estates
- Dr. Catherine O'Mahony, Director, Centre for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning
- Dr. Gerard Mullally, Coordinator of the University Wide Module on Sustainability, Dept. of Sociology & Criminology, College of Arts Celtic Studies & Social Sciences
- Darren Reidy, acting Sustainability Officer, Buildings & Estates
- Dr. John Barimo, Research Support Officer, Centre for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning, Corresponding Team Member. Please email for additional information
Project Advisory Committee
- Prof. Áine Ryall (Chair), School of Law, Centre for Law & the Environment, College of Business & Law
Prof. Edmond Byrne, Chair Professor of Process & Chemical Engineering, School of Engineering, College of Science, Engineering & Food Science
Prof. Kieran Keohane, Dept. of Sociology & Criminology, College of Arts Celtic Studies & Social Sciences
Dr. J.J Keating, School of Pharmacy, College of Medicine and Health
Mr. James Cronin, Lecturer, Centre for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning
Dr. Paul Bolger, Manager, Environmental Research Institute
- Mr. Denis Barrett, Cork Learning City Co-Ordinator, Cork City Council
- Ms. Alicia O’Sullivan, Environment & Sustainability Officer, UCC Student Union, Environmental Law
- Ms. Eimear Curtin, Education Officer, UCC Union of Students (2020-2021)
- Dr. John Barimo, Research Support Officer, Centre for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning, Corresponding Team Member. Please Email for additional information.
We could like to acknowledge the many staff and students who informed the SDG Toolkit development through a series of consultations. President Prof. John O'Halloran for his continued leadership with sustainability across UCC. We would also like to acknowledge external partners across Ireland and through the Green Campus Network and the EAUC Irish Branch. A special thanks to Dr. Mark Kelly (Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology), Dr. Claire Dorrity (UCC), Prof. James Longhurst (University of West England Bristol), Dr. Kate Mori (UK QAA). and Ms. Claire Devaney (UCC) for their valuable insights. Project funding was provided by the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, the Higher Education Authority, the UCC Green Campus Programme, and the Centre for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning.