Technology Business Planning IS6306
€600 See Fees and Costs for full details.
See Requirements for full details.
27th November 2020
16th December 2020
Module Content: This module will give youpractical experience of business start-up and entrepreneurial behaviour. It will also utilise business cases and draw on the experience of Irish entrepreneurs.
Learning Outcomes: On successful completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Evaluate and analyse the strengths and weaknesses of a business plan
- Develop a range of commercial opportunities
- Rigorously test the commercial viability of the opportunities
- Collaborate on formulating a complete business plan based on an original idea
- Critically assess the commercial viability of setting up a business
- Present and defend the commercial viability of a business plan.
Assessment: Total Marks 100: Continuous Assessment 100 marks (Group Business Plan (approx. 8,000 words) 70 marks; Presentation 30 marks).
Compulsory Elements: Continuous Assessment. Attendance at lectures and practicals (if applicable).
This CPD module is a 5 credit module (ECTS) that is taught as part of the MSc in Innovation, Commercialisation and Entrepreneurship.
On completion of this module, you may apply for an exemption to the module should you decide to progress to this programme, or another programme where IS6306 may be on offer.
*This is subject to time restrictions and also the approval of the Programme Director for this programme.
To be eligible for the this CPD module;
- Candidates must hold a primary degree with at least a Second Class Honours Grade 2.
- Consideration may also be given to applicants who do not meet the above academic criteria, but who have a mimimum of three years relevant professional experience, subject to approval of the Programme Directors and the School of Business.
Decisions regarding student eligibility will be made by the module co-ordinator.
All applicants whose first language is not English are required to sit either an IELTS test or a recognised equivalent test as approved by Faculty. The minimum requirement is an IELTS score of 6.5 with no individual section lower than 6.0. An exception may be granted where a candidate has been awarded a university degree where the overall content has been delivered in the English language.
Click here for further details on English Language Proficiency for Postgraduates
Fees and Costs
The fee for this module is €600.
There is also a €35 application fee.
How Do I Apply
Applications for Semester 2, 2020 are now closed.