Postdoctoral Research Assistants
- Dr. Lucia Hermida Gonzalez, Climatt Project. Topic: climate change attribution of extreme weather events in Ireland.
PhD and MEngSc Research Students
- Samuel Ayokunle Olowosejeje, PTDF PhD Fellow. Thesis topic:Integrating Renewables in Nigeria’s Energy Mix for increased sustainability of Power Generation. Co-supervised with Dr. Alan Morrison, Dept. of Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
- Parvaneh Nobakht, MEngSc (Research) Student. Catchment Modelling for End-to-End Attribution Studies. Co-supervised with Prof. Gerard Kiely, Hydromet group, UCC.
- Patrick O’Kelly-Lynch, Science Foundation Ireland MAREI PhD Fellow. Topic: Extreme wave-structure interactions, smoothed particle hydrodynamics Co-supervised with: Dr. David Henry, School of Mathematical Sciences, UCC.
- Frank O’Connor, Irish Research Council Industrial PhD Fellow
Topic: A Knowledge Based Approach to Calculating Turbine Availability for Large Sets of Windfarm Data
Co-supervised with: Dr. Richard Kavanagh, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, UCC.
- Judy Rea, PhD Fellow
Topic: Energy Storage for Power Conditioning in Wave Energy Convertors
Co-supervised with: Dr. Gordon Lightbody, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, UCC.
- Ian Evans, PIP MEngSc Fellow
Topic: Downtime analysis for offshore facilities
Co-supervised with: Prof. Tony Lewis (Civil & Environmental Engineering, UCC & Beaufort Research), Prof. Alistair Borthwick (Edinburgh University)
Previous PhD and MEngSc Research Students
- Edward Mc Garrigle (PhD 2014)
- Laura Kokkala (MEngSc 2014)
- Michael Lenihan (MEngSc 2013)
- Kevin Coffey (MEngSc 2013)