PF6006 Pharmacotherapy II: Endocrinology, CNS, Musculoskeletal and Infectious Disease
€2,115.00 See Fees and Costs for full details.
See Requirements for full details.
30th October 2022
Learning Outcomes: On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Discuss and explain the epidemiology, aetiology, pathophysiology, signs, symptoms, and tests leading to the diagnosis of infectious diseases and of common disorders/diseases of endocrine, musculoskeletal and central nervous systems.
- Choose the appropriate and effective therapy, for selected infectious diseases and diseases of endocrine, musculoskeletal and central nervous systems.
- Formulate pharmaceutical care plans and counsel patients, including those with comorbid-disease.
Compulsory Elements: Formal Written Examination; Continuous Assessment. Oral if required.
As per MSc (Clinical Pharmacy).
- Candidates must hold a primary pharmacy degree from a School of Pharmacy that is approved by the Programme Committee;
- They must be registered with the professional accreditation authority in the country in which they are practising;
- Candidates should have practical experience in their area of qualifications of at least one year post-registration;
- Candidates must be employed in a healthcare setting;
- Applicants may be requested to undergo an interview;
- All candidates will be required to have full access to computer and internet facilities and to be computer literate;
- In some exceptional circumstances candidates, by virtue of their training and experience may, at the discretion of the Programme Director and the Head of School, be deemed suitable for entry to the degree.
If you are applying with Qualifications obtained outside Ireland and you wish to verify if you meet the minimum academic and English language requirements for this programme please view the grades comparison table by country and for details of recognised English language tests.
Fees and Costs
The fee for this module in 2022/23 is É2115.00. There is also be a €35 application fee to be paid on submitting your application through the On-line Portal.
How Do I Apply
This module is on offer for 2022/23. (CPDP)
This module is part of the MSc in Clinical Pharmacy which runs on a biannual basis, i.e. taught modules only run every two years. PF6006 and PF6009 were available in 2020/21 and will run again in 2022/23.
Applications for this module are open from 1st August 2022
- To apply for this module please log on to the UCC APPLY page and create an account.
- Gather any additional documents required (including a passport-style photo), copy of your degree parchment if not a previous UCC graduate.
- An application fee of €35 will be payable on submission of your application via the same platform.