Digital Healthcare CPD NU6313
25 Oct - 6 Dec 2021 on-line module
€900.00 See Fees and Costs for full details.
Applicants must be qualified healthcare professionals registered with the regulatory body in their country of residence. Applicants must have a primary degree, NFQ Level 8 or equivalent. See Requirements for full details.
30th June 2021
Course Delivery Method
Module Objective: This module focuses on information communication technology (interchangeably referred to as digital health/ehealth/informatics) and its application to healthcare.
Module Content: The role and vision of digital health will be explored from a national and international perspective. Ethical considerations surrounding ehealth will be examined. The impact of digital healthcare technologies on health, health services delivery and workforce will be considered. Genomics will be investigated. The importance of classification systems/language and standards will be explored within the context of system development. Organisational development will be considered within the context of digital health. The learning environment within healthcare will be explored from a digital health perspective.
This module will provide students with knowledge to help them explore and contribute to the developing role of ICT in healthcare.
Learning Outcomes: On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Critically explore pertinent issues such as trust and privacy as they apply to digital health.
- Identify and critically analyse current and future contributions of ICT/digital health to how healthcare is delivered.
- Explore standard development in relation to structuring information around discrete clinical concepts.
- Appraise the use of classification systems in relation to digital health.
- Explore diverse issues within digital health for example genomics.
Additional Teaching Mode Information
200hr(s) Other (Online Learning: Online discussions and Participation, Required Reading, Assignment Preparation and Submission, Self-Directed Learning).
Orientation Semester I 26th August 2021
25 October to 6th December 2021 on-line module
All online. No formal attendance.
Fees and Costs
Module Fee: €900
Application Fee: €35
How Do I Apply
To apply for this module please download and complete the application form below and submit with the relevant documents to:
Application Form: 03 03 21 CPD Form
- Download and complete the application form at the link.
- Gather any additional documents required (including a passport-style photo).
- Pay your €35 application fee for this module via UCC’s Online Portal, noting your Application ID: Click here to proceed to UCC’s Online Portal.
- Send your completed application form, photo and any relevant documents, including your application ID via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
CPD Co-Ordinator, CPD Centre,
An tIonad um Fhorbairt Ghairmiúil Leanúnaigh,
Q+1 floor, The Boole Library, Main Quad, U.C.C.