Professional Practice Issues for Nurses and Midwives CPD NU6125
Part-Time. See Additional Teaching Mode Information for more info.
€900 See Fees and Costs for full details.
Open to Registered Nurses/Midwives Only. See also Detailed Entry Requirements. See Requirements for full details.
30th June 2022
Brookfield Health Sciences Complex, University College Cork. Exact rooms and dated to be confirmed.
On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate advancement of clinical/professional knowledge in a selected topic area
- Critically review professional conduct issues for the nurse/midwife
- Integrate theory and practice of nursing or midwifery and review these standards of care/professionalism within your own work area.
- Develop and engage in critical thinking through the process of reflection in or on, an area of professional practice.
- Critically reflect on contemporary nursing or midwifery care within the context of a challenging health care environment.
- Consider the working conditions of the nurse/midwife in the challenging health care environment with regard to their own health and wellbeing
Module Objective: To develop the student's ability to critically review professional practice issues and the nurse/midwife's role advancement.
Module Content: Issues addressed include: Code of Professional Conduct, Scope of Practice, professional competency, professional practice, health of the nurse in relation to carrying out professional duties, advancing role of the nurse/midwife.
Additional Teaching Mode Information
Orientation Semester I 25th August 2022 09.00 am-17.00 pm ON-LINE
Runs from 1st September to 20th September 2022
Subject to PG Med Surg. running
Thursday 1st September 2022 09.00-14.00 live on-line
Wednesday 14th September 2022 09.00-17.00 BHSC
Thursday 20th September 2022 09.00-14.00 live on-line
Assignment Submission TBC
Assessment: Total Marks 200: Continuous Assessment 200 marks (3,000 word written report - 180 marks; E-tivities - 20 marks.).
Compulsory Elements: Continuous Assessment. Completion of E-tivities.
Skills and Careers Information
NU6125 linked PG Medical & Surgical
Open to registered Nurses and Midwives ONLY and must provide evidence of current registration with the relevant professional regulatory body (e.g. the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (active registration)
Applicants who are under 23 years of age must satisfy the minimum entry requirements as for the Degrees in Nursing or Midwifery, as set out here
Admission to the module(s) will be subject to internal university approval processes on the recommendation of the Head of School.
Applicants for Nursing and Midwifery CPD modules who do not hold an up-to-date IELTS certificate showing the requisite Academic Board approved CM&H scores must demonstrate evidence of appropriate work experience within an English language environment for at least the previous 2 years.
These modules will not necessarily run unless minimum recruitment targets of 10 students are achieved.
Fees and Costs
€900 plus €35 application fee.
How Do I Apply
- To apply for this module please log on to the UCC APPLY page and create an account.
- Gather any additional documents required (including a passport-style photo), copy of your degree parchment if not a previous UCC graduate.
- An application fee of €35 will be payable on submission of your application via the same platform.