Professional Practice Issues for Nurses and Midwives CPD NU6125
11 October to November 2021
Part-Time. See Additional Teaching Mode Information for more info.
€900 See Fees and Costs for full details.
Open to Registered Nurses/Midwives Only. See also Detailed Entry Requirements. See Requirements for full details.
30th June 2021
Brookfield Health Sciences Complex, University College Cork. Exact rooms and dated to be confirmed.
On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate advancement of clinical/professional knowledge in a selected topic area
- Critically review professional conduct issues for the nurse/midwife
- Integrate theory and practice of nursing or midwifery and review these standards of care/professionalism within your own work area.
- Develop and engage in critical thinking through the process of reflection in or on, an area of professional practice.
- Critically reflect on contemporary nursing or midwifery care within the context of a challenging health care environment.
- Consider the working conditions of the nurse/midwife in the challenging health care environment with regard to their own health and wellbeing
Module Objective: To develop the student's ability to critically review professional practice issues and the nurse/midwife's role advancement.
Module Content: Issues addressed include: Code of Professional Conduct, Scope of Practice, professional competency, professional practice, health of the nurse in relation to carrying out professional duties, advancing role of the nurse/midwife.
Additional Teaching Mode Information
Orientation Semester I 26th August 2021 09.00-17.00 - ONLINE
Runs from 11th October – 22nd November 2021
Subject to PG Med Surg. running
Thurs 14th Oct 2021 09.00-14.00 on-line
Wed 20th Oct 2021 09.00-17.00 online
Thurs 10th Nov 2021 09.00-14.00 online
Week 23/11/21 Assignment Submission
Assessment: Total Marks 200: Continuous Assessment 200 marks (3,000 word written report - 180 marks; E-tivities - 20 marks.).
Compulsory Elements: Continuous Assessment. Completion of E-tivities.
Skills and Careers Information
NU6125 linked PG Medical & Surgical
Open to registered Nurses and Midwives ONLY and must provide evidence of current registration with the relevant professional regulatory body (e.g. the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (active registration)
Applicants who are under 23 years of age must satisfy the minimum entry requirements as for the Degrees in Nursing or Midwifery, as set out here
Admission to the module(s) will be subject to internal university approval processes on the recommendation of the Head of School.
Applicants for Nursing and Midwifery CPD modules who do not hold an up-to-date IELTS certificate showing the requisite Academic Board approved CM&H scores must demonstrate evidence of appropriate work experience within an English language environment for at least the previous 2 years.
These modules will not necessarily run unless minimum recruitment targets of 10 students are achieved.
Fees and Costs
€900 plus €35 application fee.
How Do I Apply
To apply for this module please download and complete the application form below:
Application Form: 03 03 21 CPD Form
- Download and complete the application form at the link below.
- Gather any additional documents required (including a passport-style photo).
- Pay your €35 application fee for this module via UCC’s Online Portal, noting your Application ID: Click here to proceed to UCC’s Online Portal.
- Send your completed application form, photo and any relevant documents, including your application ID via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
CPD Co-Ordinator, CPD Centre,
An tIonad um Fhorbairt Ghairmiúil Leanúnaigh,
Q+1 floor, The Boole Library, Main Quad, U.C.C.