Felipe Miceli De Farias
Research Project: BactotheFuture: Novel Bacteriocins as Future Alternatives to Antibiotics
1) Discovery of new bacteriocins via in silico screening;
2) Discovery of new bacteriocins via functional screening from diverse microbiome sources;
3) Identify bacteriocin-producing isolates and their bacteriocin(s);
4) Purification and characterization of the bacteriocin;
5) Evaluation of cytotoxity and hemolytic activity of bacteriocin against eukaryotic cell lines.
Global societal challenge that project is tackling: SDG 3 , SDG 9