Offshore Environmental Geology GL6023
20 Contact Hours - Class dates to be confirmed.
Part-Time. See Additional Teaching Mode Information for more info.
€450 See Fees and Costs for full details.
Applicants must meet the entry requirements for the MSc Environmental Geology; see Detailed Entry Requirements section below. See Requirements for full details.
30th October 2021
Butler Building, School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences, UCC. Exact rooms to be confirmed.
This module aims to provide students with offshore and seabed experience, for example in seabed mapping techniques and practice; seabed sampling techniques and practice; sub-seabed imaging techniques and practice; seabed monitoring techniques and practice; offshore survey planning; offshore geological data collection, evaluation and resource assessment.
Additional Teaching Mode Information
Class dates to be confirmed.
Teaching Methods: 5 x 1hr(s) Lectures; 3 x 3hr(s) Practicals; 2 x 1day(s) Fieldwork.
Assessment: Total Marks 100: Continuous Assessment 100 marks (Essay 50 marks; Practical report 50 marks).
Penalties (for late submission of Course/Project Work etc.): Where work is submitted up to and including 7 days late, 10% of the total marks available shall be deducted from the mark achieved. Where work is submitted up to and including 14 days late, 20% of the total marks available shall be deducted from the mark achieved. Work submitted 15 days late or more shall be assigned a mark of zero.
Candidates must hold at least:
- a Second Class Honours, Grade II degree or equivalent in a Geological/Earth Science/Civil Engineering/Environmental Sciences area; or
- a Second Class Honours, Grade II in a related relevant degree; or
- have reached an equivalent standard through completion of a relevant postgraduate qualification.
If you are applying with Qualifications obtained outside Ireland and you wish to verify if you meet the minimum academic and English language requirements for this programme please click here to view the grades comparison table by country and for details of recognised English language tests.
Fees and Costs
€450. There is also a €35 application fee.
How Do I Apply
Please download your application form using the link below and follow the application steps.
Download and complete the application form at the link below.
- Gather any additional documents required (including a passport-style photo).
- Pay your €35 application fee for this module via UCC’s Online Portal, noting your Application ID: Click here to proceed to UCC’s Online Portal.
- Send your completed application form, photo and any relevant documents, including your application ID via e-mail to email@example.com
Applications for this module are now open for 2021/22
CPD Co-Ordinator, CPD Centre,
An tIonad um Fhorbairt Ghairmiúil Leanúnaigh,
Q+1 floor, The Boole Library, Main Quad, U.C.C.