Hearing Balance and Communication: Impact on Quality of Life in the Elderly Population CT6105
€450 See Fees and Costs for full details.
As per MSc Hearing, Balance and Communicationhttps://www.ucc.ie/en/ckx27/ See Requirements for full details.
Course Delivery Method
15th and 16th January 2021
To address the hearing, balance and communication problems of the elderly population, and the other factors that can act in synergy to affect their quality of life.
The different factors leading to deterioration of hearing and balance functions in the elderly will be discussed in detail, including biological and environmental factors. The effect of cognitive decline on hearing and balance, and vice versa, will be a focus for this module.
On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and an understanding of the biological factors related to the ageing process affecting hearing and balance, and their interaction with environmental factors ·Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between cognitive decline, hearing loss and communication in the elderly
- Critically evaluate the role of fall clinics within the health services in preventing the adverse effects of balance deterioration in the elderly
- Appreciate the necessity of inter disciplinary services for management of hearing, balance and communication difficulties in the elderly
- Demonstrate an understanding of the evidence-base of current research on cognitive decline and
Demonstrate an understanding of the evidence-base of current research on cognitive decline and sensory deprivation, and identify areas for future research.
Participants will attend interactive live online lectures for a variety of activities including but not limited to: lectures/seminars/interactive workshops/collaborative groupwork. (Participants may need to participate in some directed reading before the sessions)
As per MSc Hearing, Balance and Communication
Fees and Costs
How Do I Apply
- Download and complete the application form at the link below.
- Gather any additional documents required (including a passport-style photo).
- Pay your €35 application fee for this module via UCC’s Online Portal, noting your Application ID: Click here to proceed to UCC’s Online Portal
- Send your completed application form, photo and any relevant documents, including your application ID via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Form: 03 03 21 CPD Form
Applications for this module are now open.