The meetings in Year 4 of the UV4Growth COST Action are planned as outlined below. Please be aware that some details may change as the meetings are finalised. The table will be updated when changes have been decided.
Further details of a meeting can be found by clicking on the meeting name.
|Networking and Organisational||Prep Meeting for Final Network Conference (organisers only)||
Alenka Gaberscik & Marcel Jansen
|Ljubljana, Slovenia; 11 October 2013|
|FINAL MEETING & MC Meeting||Alenka Gaberscik & Marcel Jansen||Bled, Slovenia; 30 March - 2 April 2014|
|Reviewing||WG4: Review Group: UV as a Tool to Combat Pests and Diseases||David Ben-Yakir & Alberto Fereres||Bet Dagan, Israel; 8 - 9 January 2014|
|WG3: Review group: Effects of UV-A on Plants||Dolors Verdaguer||Girona, Spain; 27 - 28 February 2014|
|Coordinated Research Projects||WG2 & WG3: Coordination of Trans-European Wine-Leaf Experiment||Katharina Schoedl-Hummel||Vienna, Austria; 28 - 30 October 2013|
|WG1 & WG4: Coordination of Trans-European Arabidopsis Experiment||Marie-Theres Hauser & Dylan Gwynn-Jones||Vienna, Austria; 27 - 28 November 2013|
|Training||WG2 & TG3: ESR Training Workshop HPLC-MS Analysis of Flavonoids||Susanne Neugart||Grossbeeren, Germany; 24 - 25 October 2013|
|TG1: ESR Training Workshop Data Analysis; Applications to UV Research||Pedro Aphalo||Helsinki, Finland; 17 - 19 February 2014|
|Outreach||TG2: Mini-Conference Horticultural Stakeholders||Eva Rosenqvist||Copenhagen, Denmark; 19 - 21 January 2014|
Many meetings will take place in year 3 of the UV4Growth COST Action, please click on individual meetings for more information.
25/01/13 Girona, Spain - WG4: Review
15-16/04/13 Mikulov, Czech Republic - Annual Network Meeting
- Workgroup 1 has organised a mini-conference in Glasgow, UK, on 1/2 May 2012 on "Acclimation to UV-B".
- Technical Group 2 has organised a Meeting on 29/30 April 2012 in Lancaster, UK, entitled "Improving protected crop production by exploiting plant responses to solar ultraviolet light: a meeting to connect research and end-users." The meeting was especially aiming to bring researchers and stake-holders together in order to promote communication and discussion.
- Workgroup 4 has organised a Mini-Conference in Girona in Catalonia, Spain on 25/26 April 2012, titled "Plant responses to UV radiation: from individuals to ecosystems".
- Technical Group UV-Technology (TG1) has organised a Training School in Malaga, Spain on 16-18 April 2012. The School was well attended and the extensive programme covered techniques and equipment for use and measurement of UV radiation, as well as practical demonstrations. Besides intense instruction there was also some time to meet with friends and colleagues in a pleasant atmosphere.
- Workgroup 3 has organised a Mini-Conference on "Plant responses to ultraviolet radiation - roles of antioxidants and pro-oxidants" on 2-3 February 2012.
Programme Copenhagen Feb 2012 (4,346kB)
The Meeting was followed by a MC Meeting.
- Workgroup 2 - Plant Metabolites, held a meeting in Cork, Ireland, on 23 - 24 November 2011.
Book of Abstracts Cork Nov 2011 (673kB)
Vision Document Cork, Nov 2011 (6,242kB)
The first Annual Meeting of the UV4Growth COST network took place on 6-9 February 2011 in Szeged (Hungary). Associated with the meeting, a MC meeting and a Training Workshop took place. The Annual Meeting attracted participants from all Countries involved with the network as well as experts from outside.