Services Available from the Student Health Department
The Student Health Department seeks to provide services that target illnesses and problems that occur in the University Student population. It does not seek to, and is not resourced to provide a full GP service but has a range of services that may not be as easily accessible in the community. We do provide the following services
- Primary care of acute and chronic illnesses that present in the community
- Contraception service including insertion of Long Acting implants
- Women’s Health, Cervical smear services.
- Screening and immunisation against infectious diseases.
- Consultant Psychiatrist Service.
- Sexual Transmitted Infection diagnosis and treatment service
- Travel Advice and Vaccinations.
- Health Promotion Programmes.
- Hospital referral service.
- Ante Natal Care.
- Accident and Emergency.
- Physiotherapy Service. See separate section. See Physiotherapy Home