SREC is one of three ethical approval committees at UCC (social research, animal experimentation, and clinical research). If you are unsure which University ethics committee you should apply to, please click here. UCC academic staff and postgraduate research students can apply to SREC when undertaking social research where the methodology is not clinical or therapeutic in nature and proposes to involve:
- direct interaction with human participants for the purpose of data collection using research methods such as questionnaires, interviews, observations, focus groups etc.;
- indirect observation with human participants for example using observation, web surveys etc.;
- access to, or utilisation of, anonymised datasets;
- access to, or utilisation of, data or case files/records concerning identifiable individuals;
- conducting Internet Research or research online.
SREC @ UCC considers itself an enabling committee, promoting strong research ethics amongst UCC’s community of staff and student researchers. We are open to all types of research in the social research domain.