What is the PLATFORM project?
The PLATFORM Project: Pregnancy Loss knowledge trAnslaTion FOR iMpact
The PLATFORM Project aims to enhance the translation of pregnancy loss research into policy and practice. It focuses on all types of pregnancy and infant loss (including first trimester miscarriage, second trimester miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, molar pregnancy, stillbirth, termination of pregnancy, neonatal death and pregnancy after loss), and research that seeks to prevent pregnancy loss and improve health care (quality) and health and social outcomes for women, babies and their families.
What is involved?
PLATFORM brings researchers, key civil society partners and other knowledge users – including parent advocates – together to:
- Identify barriers and facilitators to knowledge translation relating to pregnancy loss
- Develop activities and outputs in an effort to address the decades-long lack of progress in implementing change at policy and practice levels.
PLATFORM will contribute to:
- Enhancing Irish public and policymaker awareness of pregnancy loss
- The provision of more effective services/supports within the health care system, community sector, and beyond
- Influencing policymaking and healthcare funding.
- INFANT (2022, January 17) Pregnancy Loss Research Group secures IRC funding to enhance the translation of pregnancy loss research into policy and practice
- PLRG (2023, May 04) Pregnancy Loss Research Group launches new website to enhance awareness and action around pregnancy loss
- Irish Hospice Foundation (2023, July 11) Arts & Creative Engagement Roundtable Gathering
- Griffin N. (2023, May 03) Time to break the silence around pregnancy loss, says leading obstetrician. Irish Examiner. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-41131051.html
- O'Donoghue K. (2023, June 01) As a society we still prefer to pretend pregnancy loss doesn't happen. Irish Times. https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/2023/06/01/as-a-society-we-still-prefer-to-pretend-pregnancy-loss-doesnt-happen/
- O'Donoghue K. "Why we need to talk about pregnancy loss". Moncrieff, interviewed by Stefanie Preissner. Newstalk, 06 June 2023. https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-moncrieff/why-we-need-to-talk-about-pregnancy-loss
- College of Medicine and Health, UCC. Pregnancy Loss Research Group launches new website to enhance awareness and action around pregnancy loss. CoMH eNews: Summer Newsletter. 2023; 45:26. https://www.ucc.ie/en/media/academic/medicineandhealth/news/newsletter/UCCCoMHSummerNewsletter2023DigitalV5.pdf
Photo gallery | Website launch 03 May 2023
Ongoing: December 2021 to July 2023