The Office of the Vice-President for Teaching & Learning promotoes an evidence-based approach to teaching and learning, and places high priority on supporting the research efforts of UCC staff and the integration of research findings into practice.
We are dedicated to developing a criticial mass of researchers to advance the scholarship of teaching and learning.
The Office of the Vice-President for Teaching & Learning offers a wide variety of supports to assist research to enhance teaching and to enable key teaching innovations and also to facilitate the exchange of teaching and learning related ideas.
Current research at UCC includes several National Forum funded research projects on innovative pedagogies and technologies, and further details of some of our projects are provided below.
LIST OF PROJECTS
- Review of student feedback at UCC
- Piloting Digital Badges Piloting Digital Badges 2016 (276kB)
- Transitioning to e-Assessment in Mathematics Education
- ePrePP (Preparation for Professional Practice): Collaborative creation of a suite of digital tools to prepare healthcare students for professional practice
- Digital Supports for Transitioning International Students into the Irish Higher Education sector
- TEL Tools – Pedagogical Resources for Technology Enhanced Teaching and Learning
- United Nations Environmental Programme GEMS/Water Capacity Development Centre
- Evaluation of Teaching & Learning Space
- Transformation Through Collaboration – Building Digital Literacy in HEIs
- The Geoscience e-Laboratory (Ge-LAB): Developing Digital Teaching and Learning Resources for the Virtual Microscope
- Irish Engineering Graduates Advancing Global Manufacturing Competitiveness: Design Simulation for the Process Industries
- Community-Academic Research Links
- Enhancing Responsible Research and Innovation through Curricula in Higher Education (EnRRICH project)
- Teaching Excellence (TeachEx) project funded by Erasmus+
- Transforming Assessment Practices in Large Enrolment First Year Education
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org