- Our Team
- Our Research
- CUSTOMISE (HRB)
- LINK project (IRC)
- Falls prevention project (APA - HRB)
- Experiences and perceptions of evidence use among senior stakeholders in the HSE - Evidence use in the Irish health service
- End to End (E2E) Implementation of the Model of Integrated Care for Type 2 diabetes (Sláintecare)
- Diabetes Prevention Programme Project (HRB - CDP CDP)
- Cancer Survivorship Project (HRB - SPHeRE)
- Photovoice Project
- Training and Events
- Patient and Public Involvement
Implementation Science Training
Irish Implementation Science Training Institute
The Irish Implementation Science Training Institute, is a training course in implementation science, hosted by the newly formed Health Implementation Research Hub at the School of Public Health, University College Cork.
The online modules run over four months covering:
- An introduction to dissemination and implementation research
- Theories, model and frameworks in implementation science
- Selecting and developing implementation strategies
- Fidelity and adaptation
- Measurement, study design and evaluation
Each module includes presentation(s), videos, readings and a reflection, to help you strengthen your project proposal. Following completion of the modules, a revised project proposal is required from each participant prior to the face-to-face workshop.
At the end of the online modules a 3 day face-to-face workshop will take place where participants will engage in:
- Specialised presentations for leaders in the field on advanced topics such as equity and implementation science, mechanisms of action, trial design and measurement, publishing and grant writing
- Small group work and project feedback from expert facilitators
- Peer and facilitator networking
- Q&A with international experts
- Mentoring opportunities
This training course will equip participants with the knowledge and skills required to undertake high-quality dissemination and implementation (D&I) research relevant to their field and identify gaps that warrant further exploration. Participants will:
- Gain knowledge and skills to undertake high quality implementation research.
- Get feedback on their implementation research project or plans from international experts
- Have an opportunity to network with implementation researchers
The next course will take place in 2024 if you are interested in applying for this course please contact us at HIRH@UCC>ie to be added to the mailing list.