- HR Information System
- Pay & Benefits
- Performance Management
- Probation & Establishment
- HR Research
- Researcher Careers
- On-Line Sessions for Research Staff
- Post Doc Development Hub
- The Odyssey Programme UCC
- Mentoring for New Research Staff
- Research Orientation
- Senior Research Recruitment
- Hosting Agreements
- Wellbeing & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Garda Vetting
CARDEA a Horizon Europe Project CARDEA SURVEY
A significant cross-European, EU-backed, project aimed at empowering, training and enhancing the role of Research Managers was launched in University College Cork by Minister for Foreign Affairs & Minister for Defence Mr Simon Coveney TD.
CARDEA - Career Acknowledgement for Research (Managers) Delivering for the European Area - has received €1.49m in European Commission funding towards developing the ‘unsung heroes’ of research - the Research Manager. Research Managers open Research Doors
The CARDEA project aims to:
- Improve knowledge for policy-making about the training and networking patterns of research support staff and research management
- Increase awareness amongst research management staff about existing training, networking and mobility opportunities at EU, national, and regional levels
- Grow the capacity and compatibility of cooperation and funding systems throughout the European Research Area for research management, and support to scientists.
- Improve awareness of the EU policy drivers and the EU research peculiarity in the Higher Education Institutions and Research organisations
- Establish central hubs to provide the EU research system with the most appropriate “fit for purpose” skills in EU research management, with active involvement of entities located in widening countries
- Provide recommendations aiming at facilitating a clear career path for research managers at national and EU levels, enhancing their role towards the achievement of the new Euopean Research Area objectives.
Partners in the CARDEA Project
The project is a joint initiative between universities from Belgium, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Poland, Romania, Spain and Ireland where Mary Kate O’Regan, UCC HR Business Manager Research is Principal Investigator.
The project partners are, in addition to UCC as coordinators are: University of Pula (Croatia), the University of Liege (Belgium), CERTH (Greece), the University of Macerata (Italy), the Polish Institute of Nuclear Physics Henryk Niewodniczański of the Polish Academy of Sciences, the Polytechnic University of Bucharest (Romania) and CERCA Catalonia (Spain).
CARDEA Survey Closed
One of the aims of CARDEA is to inform European policy makers about the career structures, unique skills, training, networking and mobility patterns of Research Managers in Europe. To do this we need evidence. To this end, we would greatly appreciate if you would complete and circulate this survey to your colleagues who are in Research Manager roles and through other networks you may be involved with. Unfortunately, as you know, Research Manager roles are invisible from a policy, career development and career progression perspective with little consistency in salary, skills and competencies across Europe. The results of this survey will inform the development of a Research Manager Framework and complementary policy for consideration by the European Commission.