13 of 33 Irish scientists featured on Clarivate Highly Cited Researchers 2023 list are from APC
Clarivate has published its Highly Cited Researchers 2023 list which features 13 researchers from APC Microbiome Ireland, a world leading SFI Research Centre based in University College Cork (UCC) and Teagasc. The 13 APC researchers are among a total of 33 Irish researchers listed.
The Clarivate annual list reflects the top 0.1% of the world’s most influential scientific researchers and recognises pioneers in their field whose citation records position them in the very highest strata of research influence and impact.
The global list features 7,125 researchers from 67 countries and regions this year – 3,793 in specific fields and 3,332 for cross-field impact. UCC researchers were recognised as global leaders in fields such as food, health, medicine, neonatology, neuroscience, psychiatry and psychology.
Paul Ross, Director, APC Microbiome Ireland commented: “This is another tremendous accolade for our team of world-leading scientists here at APC and a fantastic honour to be included in the top-list of globally recognised researchers at the very pinnacle of scientific innovation and influence.”
The full list of 11 APC researchers based in University College Cork and two APC researchers based in Teagasc is detailed below. Also on the 2023 list is Prof Eamonn Quigley who is an Emeritus Principal Investigator of the APC and remains affiliated to UCC.
APC Principal Investigators
- Professor Paul Ross - Agricultural Science, and Microbiology
- Professor Paul Cotter - Cross-Field (based in Teagasc)
- Professor Fergus Shanahan - Cross-Field
- Professor Colin Hill – Microbiology
- Prof Catherine Stanton – Microbiology (based in Teagasc)
- Professor Paul O’Toole - Microbiology
- Professor Douwe van Sinderen - Microbiology
- Professor Jens Walter - Microbiology
- Professor Gerard Clarke - Neuroscience and Behaviour
- Professor John Cryan - Neuroscience and Behaviour, and Psychiatry and Psychology
- Professor Timothy Dinan - Neuroscience and Behaviour, and Psychiatry and Psychology
- APC Funded Investigators
- Professor Eugene Dempsey - Cross-Field
- Professor Anthony Ryan - Cross-Field