UCC will host the 8th Irish Ornithological Research Conference on 10th and 11th March 2023 covering a wide range of topics from seabirds and waterfowl to some of our most charismatic and rare breeding species, including white-tailed eagles, corncrakes and the common crane.
There will be a full programme of selected oral and poster presentations on Saturday 11th March. This will be preceded on Friday 10th March by a Welcome Reception and Keynote Address on The Birds of County Cork by Pat Smiddy. All abstracts will be included in the forthcoming issue of Irish Birds.
Annual Ringers Meeting
The Annual Irish Ringers Meeting will also be held at UCC on 12th March 2023. Further details will be posted on the website closer to the date. Enquiries should be sent to Sam Bayley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CLICK HERE FOR Draft Programme CORC 2023
- John Quinn, School of Biologcial, Earth and Environmental Sciences, UCC (Chair)
- John O'Halloran, President, UCC
- Tom Kelly, School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences, UCC
- Pat Smiddy, Ecological Consultant
- Sandra Irwin, President's Office, UCC