Fáilte Fest is a series of events and workshops starting in September. The scheduled includes: transition workshops for all students, including mature students, students registered with Disability Support Services (DARE) and students gaining access through HEAR. Families and friends of first year students are welcome to attend the Open Door Welcome on the 30th and 31st August. Orientation, registration and Freshers' Fest will start in September. Workshops will be scheduled every week up to Christmas. Click on the boxes below to find out more...
Join us on Facebook to keep up to date with events during the UCC Fáilte Fest and throughout the year. Check these pages regularly, or get updates from the UCC First Years page for information on the First Year Experience...
Orientation & Registration Part 2 will take place on the same day on campus. You must attend. During your assigned day you will:
- complete Registration Part 2 and get your student ID card
- attend academic information sessions on your course of study
- meet members of the Students' Union and Dr Byrne, Head of Student Health
- receive your academic timetable
- locate your College/Faculty/School/Department offices and meet key personnel
- tour the Library
- find your way around by taking a guided academic tour of campus
- attend an interactive IT workshop
- get tips and hear stories from current students
- meet your peer support leader
The First Year Experience Coordinator offers support and confidential objective advice on anything that might be affecting your study. For more information contact:Noírín DeadyFirst Year Experience CoordinatorE: email@example.comT: +353 (0)21 490 2780.