Select Bibliography of Gerald Grifin
- Tales of the Munster Festivals. [Includes Card drawing,
The half sir, and Suil Dhuv, the coiner.] First published in London:
Saunders and Otley, 1827–1842. 3 vols. (London 1862).
- Holland-tide, or, Irish Popular Tales. London: 1827. Saunders
and Otley [Further includes The Aylmers of Bally-Aylmer, The Hand and
Word, Saint Martin's Day, The Brown Man, Persecutions of
Jack-Edy, The unburied Legs, Owney and Owney-na-peak.]
- Holland-Tide; or, Munster Popular Tales. London: 1827. W.
Simpkin and R. Marshall.
- Gisippus, or, The forgotten friend: a play in five acts as
performed at Drury Lane. London: Maxwell, 1842; written around 1827.
- The Collegians. London: Saunders and Otley 1829. 3 vols.
- The Christian Physiologist: Tales illustrative of the five
Senses (including The Day of Trial. [First published under the
title The Deaf Filea]. London: Edward Bull, 1830. Reprint
Dublin: James Duffy, 1860.
- Tales of my neighbourhood. London, Saunders and Otley, 1835.
- Talis Qualis: or, Tales of the Jury Room. London: Maxwell and
Co. 1842. 3 vols. One-volume reprint published, Dublin: James Duffy,
- The Duke of Monmouth. London: Maxwell and Co.; John Cumming,
Dublin; and Bell and Bradfute, Edinburgh 1842. [First published in
London, 1836. 3 vols.]
- The rivals; Tracy's ambition. New York: Printed by J. &
J. Harper, 1830. 2 vols. [First published as The Rivals and Tracy's
Ambition, London, 1829. 3 vols. ]
- Die Schufreunde [=The Collegians]. Translated into German by
Karl von Killinger, Stuttgart, Tübingen 1848; 2 vols. [First published in
- Life and Works of Gerald Griffin. 8 vols. London 1842–43.
(Contains: Vol. 1: Daniel Griffin, Life of Gerald Griffin Esq.;
Vol. 2 The Collegians; Vol. 3 Tales of the Munster
Festivals; Vol. 4 The Rivals and Tracy's Ambition; Vol. 5
Holland-Tide; Vol. 6 The Duke of Monmouth; Vol. 7 Talis
Qualis or Tales of the Jury Room; Vol. 8 The Poetical Works
- The Beautiful Queen of Leix, or, The Self-consumed: an Irish
tale. Dublin: James Duffy, 1854.
- The offering of friendship: or, Tales of the five Senses.
Dublin: James Duffy, 1854.
- The Voluptuary cured: an Irish take. Dublin: James Duffy [1854?]
- Adventures of an Irish giant. Boston: Patrick Donahoe [c.
1852? John Cronin, Critical Biography p. 142]
- The works of Gerald Griffin. (New York: D & J. Sadlier
& Co., .)
- The poetical and dramatic works of Gerald Griffin. Dublin:
James Duffy [c. 1850]. Reprinted several times.
- A story of Psyche. Dublin: James Duffy, 1876.
- The day of trial: an Irish tale. Dublin: James Duffy.
- The young Milesian and the selfish Crotarie: A tale. Dublin:
- Poems. Dublin: M. H. Gill 1886.
- The knight without reproach. Dublin: James Duffy; n.d.
Bibliography created by Juliette Maffet (Université Blaise Pascal,
Clermont-Ferrand) and Beatrix Färber, School of History, University
College Cork, February 2012.