- Civic and Community Engagement
- European Relations and Public Affairs
- Marketing and Brand Impact
- Media and Communications
- Strategic Planning and Institutional Research
- UCC in the world university rankings
- UNIC European University
UNIC News and Events
Online Workshop for University Language Teachers: How to Implement Virtual Exchange
This online teacher training is on the topic of 'Intercultural Dialogue: collaborative teaching and learning in international settings'. It is aimed at teachers who mainly focus on foreign language development. This session will be held from 2pm to 4.30pm (Irish time) on Thursday November 10, 2022.
Registration: “Intercultural Dialogue: collaborative teaching and learning in international settings”.
This online workshop will be conducted by a collaboration of trainers from different UNIC universities.
In the workshop you will meet teachers of partner-universities of the UNIC alliance, which come from: Belgium, Croatia, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden and Turkey. In this international setting you will become familiar with the concept of Virtual Exchange, reflect on your own teaching culture and discover the learning and teaching culture of your partners. You will collaborate to create a Virtual Exchange setting for your students. You will create first ideas for fostering the collaboration of your students. You will discuss challenges of intercultural encounters and learn how to deal with them. You will have the chance to network with other teachers from the UNIC alliance. The workshop will be held in English.
After this workshop you will be able to:
- reflect on your own cultural identity
- apply intercultural and collaborative teaching concepts, especially Virtual Exchange/COIL.
- reflect on teaching designs considering intercultural and collaborative teaching and learning in diverse groups.
- describe intercultural challenges for your students in intercultural settings and explain how to deal with them
- collaborate with other teachers from the European university