- Civic and Community Engagement
- European Relations and Public Affairs
- Marketing and Brand Impact
- Media and Communications
- Strategic Planning and Institutional Research
- UCC in the world university rankings
- UNIC European University
UNIC News and Events
Online Session: UNIC Teacher Training - How to Integrate Virtual Exchange into Your Course
UCC teaching and lecturing staff are invited to join an online training session to learn more about Virtual Exchange and how to integrate in their courses. Sessions take place on December 7, January 19, or April 12 (choose one slot), 12 midday to 4pm Irish time. Register here.
The session is hosted by trainers from the Community of Learning & Innovation in Erasmus University Rotterdam.
'Virtual Exchange' permits students from universities worldwide to work together online on tasks and develop several skills such as cooperation and intercultural communication, in addition to professional knowledge. Through Virtual Exchange, students get the opportunity for an international learning experience, without being hindered by any mobility challenges. It can also offer offer students interesting and new perspectives to the content of the course or study programme.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Identify steps to adapt your course design to integrate Virtual Exchange.
- Create opportunities for integrating an international experience in your course.
- Select activities/tasks and tools for students to engage with collaborative and international teamwork for students.
- Discuss possible solutions for basic challenges of Virtual Exchange.
Before you can attend the workshop, you start your learning journey by diving into our online learning environment (Canvas) and prepare and upload assignments. This preparation takes about three hours. In the preparation you will be introduced to the concept of Virtual Exchange. You think about your own educational design and the opportunities you see to integrate Virtual Exchange.
The workshop session takes four hours. In this session you get to work with your own educational design, there is room to exchange ideas with the other participants and to share experiences with other teachers.
Registration via e-mail to Sandra Lousberg: firstname.lastname@example.org