- Civic and Community Engagement
- European Relations and Public Affairs
- Marketing and Brand Impact
- Media and Communications
- Strategic Planning and Institutional Research
- UCC in the world university rankings
- UNIC European University
UNIC News and Events
Online CityLab: UNIC UNiTE - Ending Violence Against Women
UCC will collaborate with the University of Deusto to deliver an online CityLab event on the challenge of ending violence against women. The event will take place on Monday December 5, 2022, 2pm-3.30pm Irish time. University community and civil society stakeholders of Bilbao and Cork are welcome to join. Register here.
The UN's 16 days of Activism against Gender Based Violence is an annual international campaign that kicks off on 25 November, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, and runs until 10 December, Human Rights Day.
Within this framework, the University of Deusto and University College Cork are hosting a Virtual Meeting Platform with the aims of:
- Connecting academic and civil society stakeholders across the UNIC consortium who are active in addressing the local to global challenge of Ending Violence Against Women
- Exploring potential for collaborative action between and across the UNIC cities
The event will be divided in two parts:
- A round table with community and academic partners to get to know how the challenge is being addressed at different levels
- A facilitated group diolague among participants to share experience and insights on this local to global challenge and explore some possible areas of focus for UNIC collaboration.
Mary Crilly, Founder and CEO of Sexual Violence Centre Cork
Prof. Dolores Morondo, Human Rights Institute, University of Deusto.
Prof. Maggie O’Neill, Head of Dept of Sociology & Criminology, UCC
Estibaliz Linares Bahillo, Deusto Social Values Research Team member, University of Deusto. Consultant at Sortzen.org
Hour: 2pm - 3.30pm Irish Time | 3pm - 4.30pm CET
Registration: free, register here
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org