- Civic and Community Engagement
- European Relations and Public Affairs
- Marketing and Brand Impact
- Media and Communications
- Strategic Planning and Institutional Research
- UCC in the world university rankings
- UNIC European University
UNIC News and Events
Online CityLab: Political Participation of Youth
UCC will collaborate with Erasmus University Rotterdam and the University of Oulu to deliver an online CityLab event on the political participation of youth. The event will take place at 10am - 11.30m (Irish time) on November 25 and is open to students, academia, local authorities, youth organizations, and anyone with an interest in this topic. Register here: UNIC CityLabs: Political Participation of Youth (office.com).
Join us for an engaging event where we discuss the topic of political participation of youth with experts from the UNIC alliance and the audience. During the event, you will attend a panel discussion, engage in group discussions, and get inspired by different practices. The panelists will be sharing about the political behavior of youth in Cork, Rotterdam, and Oulu and different ideas to stimulate the political voting behavior of youth based on previous events on this theme. This is an interactive workshop and we encourage the audience to actively participate during the event. The purpose of this event is to connect different participants (students, researchers, city stakeholders) interested in the topic, and offer some inspiration for practical initiatives that can be further developed.
Target: The event is open to students, academia, local authorities, youth organizations, and anyone with an interest in this topic.
When: 25.11, 10:00-11:30 Irish time
Where: Online via Zoom. You will receive the link closer to the event day.
- Yara Toenders, postdoctoral researcher at the Erasmus University Rotterdam and Leiden University.
- Iida Laurila, Youth participation expert at The Finnish National Youth Council Allianssi
- Mair Kelly, President UCC Societies Executive
- Welcome and context
- Introducing the agenda
- 10:10 – 10:45 First part: Panel discussion. Insights about the political behavior of youth in Rotterdam, Oulu, and Cork
- 10:45 – 11:20 Second part: Open discussions with the audience. Highlighting ideas to stimulate the political behavior of youth from students, organizations, and participants
- 11:20 – 11:30 Wrap up
Register here: UNIC CityLabs: Political Participation of Youth (office.com).