1916 Bursary Appeals
Grounds for making an Appeal (Not Selected for Further Consideration)
The 1916 Review and Appeals Process is designed to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and screening procedures have been applied consistently. This formal review and appeals process is the mechanism through which an unsuccessful application outcome can be re-examined. Applicants can apply to have their applications re-examined if you believe there was an “administrative error in initial assessment” i.e. that you think a mistake was made when your application was being reviewed that led to you not being selected for further consideration.
Only applicants who indicated membership of more than one of the target groups outlined below were selected for further cosnideration:
- Socio economic groups that have low participation in higher education.
- Students with a disability – particularly students with a physical/mobility impairment, students are who deaf/hard of hearing and students who are blind or have a visual impairment.
- Irish Travellers.
- Lone parents who have been confirmed by DSP as holding a means tested social welfare payment.
- Ethnic minorities (for the purposes of PATH 2 include programme refugees and persons from other ethnic minority groups lawfully present in the State who meet the definition of student in section 14 of the Student Support Act 2011 and regulation 5 of the Student Support Regulations 2017. S.I. No. 126 of 2017).
- Student who were/are in the care of TUSLA.
Applicants making a Review and Appeal application must note:
- A Review and Appeal application can only be made by submitting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 18th January 2019 12 noon. No late appeals will be accepted.
- Any unsolicited correspondence from a third party (e.g. politician, clergy, academic staff) that attempts to canvass on behalf of the applicant will not be taken into account.
- Additional information or documentation will not be taken into consideration.
- Change of circumstances since the application was submitted will not be taken into consideration.
The Appeal Process closes on Friday 18th January 2019 12 noon. No late appeals will be accepted.