When undertaking research, it is essential to keep proper records of experimental work and results. This is also essential for filing patent applications. These records should be kept securely at all times.
Download the Good Practice for Keeping Laboratory Notebooks (64kB).
The OTT's experienced team will work closely with you to identify the best route to commercialisation. Once a route has been identified, the OTT team will work with you to develop and implement a plan to commercialise the research. The OTT's Technology Transfer Process is a well defined stage gate process from research stage through to commercialisation.
- Commercialising Intellectual Property Flowchart (53kB)
- Start-Up Company Establishment Process (37kB)
Other Useful Forms
- Material Transfer Agreement (Sample) (177kB): If your research involves the transfer of any materials from the University, it must be accompanied by a signed Material Transfer Agreement (MTA). Please contact the OTT at firstname.lastname@example.org for further advice.
- Confidential Disclosure Agreement (Sample) (115kB): If you intend entering into discussions with external partners it may be appropriate to have the discussion covered by a CDA. Please contact the OTT at email@example.com for further advice.
- Invention Disclosure Form (115kB): Use this form to formally start the technology transfer process by fully documenting your invention. Please complete, sign and forward to the Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) at firstname.lastname@example.org