UCC has an established record in technology management being the first Irish university to establish a trading campus company based on one of its own developed technologies. In 1985 it was the first university in Ireland to conceive, develop and implement an Intellectual Property ('IP') and Licensing Policy.
The Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) at UCC is the access point and "One Stop Shop" for interaction with industry.
The role of the OTT in UCC:
- To manage the university’s increasingly valuable intellectual property portfolio arising from its research programmes
- To be the access point to UCC's research for industry, business, state agencies and local authorities
- To identify, create and develop campus enterprise ( Spin-Out Companies)
- To target high growth potential SMEs for joint ventures and enterprise development
- To work with state and regional development agencies in establishing and supporting indigenous industry
- To create and develop strategic alliances in Ireland, Europe and the USA to facilitate collaborative research and technology transfer.
UCC can add significant value to your organisation in a number of key areas through access to UCC’s expertise and resources.
- over 1,500 academic staff
- over 18,000 students
- world class research programmes
- advanced facilities and equipment
UCC offers one of the broadest ranges of research capabilities on a single campus in Ireland and is committed to transferring its latest discoveries from the research lab to industry for the benefit of the Irish economy.
Small and large companies can benefit from interacting with UCC. Involvement with the research, technology transfer and commercialisation activities at UCC will provide access to the cutting-edge research that is taking place at the university as well as access to highly qualified, skilled and educated employees and students.
UCC works closely with Irish, European and International agencies to help industry to access its world class resources. Staff in the Office of Technology Transfer provide guidance, support and assistance in protecting intellectual property, facilitating technology transfer and promoting collaborative R&D with industry.
All interactions with industry are conducted in the strictest confidence.