UCC's Office of Technology Transfer (OTT)
The OTT's role is to facilitate the commercialisation of UCC technologies and research expertise. We provide services to bring research and commercial expertise together to benefit society, impact on the economy and provide a return to the university to further advance its research mission.
The OTT was established in 2007 expanding upon the role played by the Industrial Liaison Office which operated in UCC for almost 25 years.
To accomplish that goal, our office
- manages the university's extensive intellectual property portfolio, evaluating the commercial potential of each invention
- works with UCC researchers on the invention disclosure and technology transfer process
- protects inventions by filing patent applications
- markets and licenses commercially viable technologies to the business community
- Works with entrepreneurs to launch start-up companies based on UCC technologies
- facilitates confidential disclosure and material transfer agreements (CDA/MTA)
- Incubate newly founded companies at our GatewayUCC facility
- Help recent graduates to develop their business ideas to active companies through the Ignite Programme
Our staff are accredited Technology Transfer Professionals with a combination of technical and commercial skills. They will work with both the academic and industry community to manage the commercialisation process.
The Office of Technology Transfer is part of the Vice-President for Research and Innovation's Office