Recognised School Leaving Qualification(s)
- Svjedodžba o Maturi (Matura Certificate) or državne mature from gymnazijum (Since 2009)
Subject pass mark for purposes of Admission:
2 (scale 1-5 where 5 is best)
Minimum Entry Requirements/Matriculation:
The minimum eligibility criteria follow. Proof of English proficiency is required in all cases. There may also be specific subject requirements for courses.
|2 H5 required||2 distinct recognised subjects at grade 3 and 4 distinct recognised subjects at grade 2. A minimum of 3 of the total of 6 subjects must be examined in the Matura|
|Note: In addition to Maturi, applicants must submit a school report showing all subjects taken in final year.|
Specific Subject Requirements:
To compare the subject requirements in terms of Irish Leaving Certificate as specified on the UCC website, use the following table:
Subject Grade Comparison
NB NOT for points conversion - for this see separate table below
|LC Higher||Extended Level|| LC Ordinary
|| Basic level
|H1||5 Maturi||O1||4 Maturi||3 Maturi|
|H2||4 Maturi||02||3 Maturi||2 Maturi|
|H3||4 Maturi||03||3 Maturi||2 Maturi|
|H4||3 Maturi||04||2 Maturi|
|H5||3 Maturi||05||2 Maturi|
|H6||2 Maturi||06||2 (school level acceptable)|
Agreed Entry Requirements for EU/EFTA
Guideline Indicative Points Score (IPS) equivalence with Irish Leaving Certificate points:
|Points Conversion Table|
1. A maximum of four different recognised examined subjects, which are not mutually exclusive, will be counted provided they are taken in a single sitting
2. If 4 examined subjects at extended are presented, the lowest grade is scored at a lower rate.
3. Only subjects awarded at the same date can be considered for computation.
4. Optional subjects will be scored at advanced (unless specified as basic), except in the case of mother tongue, which is assumed to basic.
Single Sitting: All subjects are examined at the same time and points are calculated based on a single sitting.
Bonus points for maths: Grade 2 or better in Extended Maths in Maturi examination