Some courses allow deferrals, please contact email@example.com to check if your course allows deferrals.
Applying for a one year deferral
1. Applicants must accept their offer through the Postgraduate Applications Centre.
2. Applicants wishing to defer their place on a course must complete a deferral form and include a non-refundable administrative fee of €25.00 This fee can be paid by cheque, postal order or bank draft made payable to University College Cork (cash is not accepted). The completed form must be posted to the Deferrals Coordinator, Graduate Studies Office, West Wing, University College Cork.
Application Form Postgraduate Deferral
3. Applications for deferrals for medical reasons must be accompanied by medical certification.
4. Deferral requests will be considered on a case by case basis in consultation with the programme coordinator. The decision will be communicated online through the Postgraduate Applications Centre, normally within one week of receipt of the completed application.
5. Deferral requests will only be considered prior to registration on a programme.
6. If a deferral is granted, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant’s PAC email address. A non-refundable deposit of €100 will be required to confirm the deferred place, unless an acceptance deposit has already been paid as part of a programme acceptance.
7. The €100 deposit must be paid by Bank Transfer and confirmation of payment emailed to the Deferrals Coordinator, Graduate Studies Office, West Wing, University College Cork.
8. On receipt of the deferral deposit, the place will then be held and re-offered through PAC the following year and on acceptance, the deposit will be deducted from the postgraduate fees due.