Application to defer admission on a taught postgraduate programme for one year
Applying for a deferral
1. Applicants must accept their offer through the Postgraduate Applications Centre. If a deposit is payable, this will have to be paid on order to accept the place.
2. Applicants wishing to defer their place on a programme must complete the attached Deferral form and include a non-refundable administrative fee of €25.00 This fee can be paid by cheque, postal order or bank draft made payable to University College Cork (cash is not accepted). The completed form must be submitted/posted to the Deferrals Coordinator, Graduate Studies Office, West Wing, University College Cork. Application Form Postgraduate Deferral
3. Applications for deferrals for medical reasons must be accompanied by medical certification.
4. Deferral requests will be considered on a case by case basis in consultation with the programme coordinator. The decision will be communicated online through the Postgraduate Applications Centre, normally within one week of receipt of the completed application.
5. Deferral requests will only be considered prior to registration on a programme.
Taking up a Deferral
1. If a deferral is granted, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant’s PAC email address. A non-refundable deposit of €100.00 will be required to confirm the deferred place, unless an acceptance deposit has already been paid as part of a programme acceptance.
2. The €100 deposit must be paid by Bank Transfer and confirmation of payment emailed to the Deferrals Coordinator, Graduate Studies Office, West Wing, University College Cork.
3. On receipt of the deferral deposit, the place will then be held and re-offered through PAC the following year and on acceptance, the deposit will be deducted from the postgraduate fees owed.
Please note: Applicants who are not approved for a deferral or not wish to pay the deferral deposit may choose to reapply through PAC and complete for a place in the normal way the following year.