Hugh Kearns's Workshops
Hugh Kearns's Workshops for PhD students
Hugh Kearns is recognised internationally as a public speaker, educator and researcher. He regularly lectures at universities across the world and has recently returned from lecture tours of the UK and the US which included lectures at Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard, Berkeley and Stanford.
His areas of expertise include self-management, positive psychology, work-life balance, learning and creativity. He draws on over twenty-five years of experience as a leading training and development professional within the corporate, financial, education and health sectors in Ireland, Scotland, North America, New Zealand and Australia. He has coached individuals, teams and executives in a wide range of organisations in the public and private sectors.
Hugh lectures and researches at Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia. He is widely recognised for his ability to take the latest research in psychology and education and apply it to high-performing people and groups. As a co-author with Maria Gardiner, he has published ten books which are in high demand both in Australia and internationally. Read more about his work here.
The aim of the workshops is to provide advice to PhD students to help them improve their research and organisational skills during their PhD journey.
Every year the Dean of Graduate Studies offers a series of workshops for research students facilitated by Hugh Kearns.
- Tuesday 14th September 2021, 10-12 noon; Workshop 1: The Seven Secrets of Highly Successful Research Students
- Tuesday 21st September 2021, 10-12 noon; Workshop 2: Presenting your Research with Confidence
- Tuesday 28th September 2021, 10-12 noon; Workshop 3: How to Plan your PhD
- Tuesday 5th October 2021, 10-12 noon; Workshop 4: Turbocharge your Writing
- Tuesday 12th October2021, 10-12 noon; Workshop 5: Defeating self-sabotage
Upcoming events for Supervisors of Research Students
- Friday 24th September 2021, from 10-12 noon, Hugh Kearns of ThinkWell will be running a Masterclass in Supervision of research students.
Please note that for all events students will be sent an email to their student accounts with the MS Teams link for these workshops.
Dr Ruth Ramsay, Dean of Graduate Studies