- You Said and We are Doing Together
- How we Listen
- Annual Schedule of Student Surveys
- National Student Engagement Survey Reports
- Data Support
- Survey Requests (External)
- University Student Survey Principles for Code of Practice
- General Ethical Principles for Survey Research in UCC
- University Student Surveys Board membership
- Review of Student Feedback
- StudentSurvey.IE Research Bursaries (New for 2020)
- Make an Impact - Pecha Kucha 20 x 20 Student Competition
Make an Impact - Pecha Kucha 20 x 20 Student Competition
What can you say in 400 seconds?
Make an Impact is a student video competition being run by the University Student Surveys board. The goal is to synthesize the UCC results of StudentSurvey.ie to achieve impact based on what students have said, what students think are the strengths and weaknesses of their student experience, and where our students want to see change.
In reading the 2020 results report, you could consider some of the priorities of student engagement:
- What enhances the student experience?
- Perceptions of how much UCC emphasises services and activities that support your learning and development
- The extent to which respondents collaborate with their peers to solve problems or learn material
- How they rate the quality of their interactions with other people such as teaching faculty and other students.
- Any particular issues or challenges that affect students. The results of the survey are intended to bring benefits to students and their institutions.
We want you to put your creative minds to work to produce a short video presentation in the format of a Pecha Kucka. A Pecha Kucha is a storytelling format where a presenter shows 20 slides for 20 seconds of commentary each. It’s designed to be completed in 6 minutes and 40 seconds! This format keeps presentations concise and fast-paced.
The submitted videos will be streamed at a Pecha Kucha Night over Teams where the winner will be chosen by a selection panel. Our runner up will be decided via a poll on Instagram.
There will be a €300 voucher for the winner and a €200 voucher for our runner-up!
The competition is open to any student currently registered on a programme of study at UCC. In order to ensure competiveness, a minimum number of entrants will be applied.
How to Apply
Videos can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 31st May 2021.
The only requirements are that your video should follow the style of a Pecha Kucha and be based on the 2020 UCC results of StudentSurvey.ie (link to full report)
You may be as creative as you wish, using slides, graphics, presentations, props, or any other relevant means to convey your message.
You do not need to feature in your video (but of course you can if you would wish, it is entirely up to you!), just speak over your slides (like a voiceover!)
Best of luck!
If you have any queries regarding the competition, please contact email@example.com