Travel & Accommodation
Travel & Accommodation
September 15th & 16th, 2011. University College Cork, Ireland
For Travel Information visit the 'Getting to UCC' pages.
Available Accommodation in Cork City
Western Road is the road leading from city to the university.
All prices were confirmed 27th January 2011.
River Lee Hotel****,
tel 021 425 2700
(Approx 5 mins. walk to UCC campus – exit gateway of hotel, turn left and walk straight for 5 minutes approx.)
A newly built luxury hotel with Wi-Fi, a pool and gym.
Brookfield Hotel ***
(Approx 10 mins. walk to UCC campus.
Single €65 B&B, €59 room only; Double €79 B&B all per night.
Includes use of Leisure centre
Western Road tel
021 425 1125
(Beside River Lee Hotel, follow same directions)
A new build standard mini hotel.
UCC preferential rate: Single €80, double € 95, triple €125, including breakfast.
- Achill House, Western Road, Cork City tel 021 427 9447 (Approx. 10 mins. from conference. www.achillhouse.com - Preferential UCC rate €65 single, €90-95 double, triple for €105 per room, including breakfast.
- Acton Lodge, Western Road, tel 021 4344161 www.actonlodge.com - Single €45, double €65 per room.
- Anam Cara B&B, 31, Palace View, Western Road, tel 021 4271617 www.guesthousescork.com 9 rooms en-suite, Single €55, double €40pp both including breakfast.
- Audley House, Western Road, tel 021 427 4292 - From €55 single and €80 double. €100 triple. Breakfast included
- Café Paradiso, (gourmet vegetarian restaurant) Western Road, Cork, 021 427 7939 UCC preferential rate €200 double room, dinner and breakfast. €120 for just the double room and breakfast. http://www.cafeparadiso.ie/
- Carbery Guesthouse, Western Road, tel 021 4272217 - Single €40, double €70 per room
- Crawford House, Western Road, Cork city tel 021 427 9000 www.crawfordhouse.com - Preferential UCC rate of €55 for a single, € 80 for a double. There is also a self-catering studio apartment with a double bed for €65, and a bigger apartment for €89, both of which include breakfast in the main house.
- Fernroyd House, 4, O’Donovan Rossa Road, tel 021 4271460 www.fernroydhouse.com - Single from €55, Double €80-85 per room
- Garnish House, Western Road, Cork city 021 427 5111 (Approx. 6 mins. from Western Gateway – turn right at gate and walk straight on, Western Gateway is across road about 6 mins. away) - Singles €60, doubles €89, triple € 35 per person. There is also the option of a self-catering 8-bedroom house, which sleeps 10, at €450 per night, including breakfast. There is 3 bedroom house for rent too, sleeping 8 people at € 300 per night, as well as self-catering apartments (Aban) at €70 for a single person, or €90 for a double (with a pull out couch). Breakfast included for all accommodation. http://www.garnish.ie/
- Killarney House, Western Road, Cork 021 427 0290 €55 single, €80 double. Also, newly built and renovated self-catering apartments at €75 for a single and €89 for a double per night.
- Shandon Bells, Western Road, Cork city tel 021 427 6242, www.shandonbells.com - UCC rate single €45, double €70, triple €110.
- The Blarney Stone Guesthouse, Western Road, Cork, tel 021 427 0083 - UCC rate of €59 single, €40 each for a double, €90 for a superior double.
- Cork International Youth Hostel****, Western Road, Cork. tel 021 4543289 (Approx. 5 mins from conference – turn right at gate and walk straight for 5mins, Western Gateway is across the road.) www.anoige.ie Rate: €13 - €16 per night.
UCC Campus Accommodation
Victoria Lodge * University Hall, En-Suite Rooms or Fully Equipped Apartments
For further information on Cork city, accommodations options, restaurants, pubs, and other sights, see Cork Tourism: http://www.cork-guide.ie/corkcity.htm