What is Smartcard?
UCC is upgrading its cashless payment service offering over the coming months, a process that will be completed by Friday 10thJanuary, 2020.
Services currently using the Smartcard for cashless payments will be replaced by alternative cashless payment options.
UCC is following market trends - the use of smart phones, smart wearables, contactless debit and credit cards is already taking over as the cashless payment option of choice on campus. This means the removal of the UCC Smartcard cashless payments system.
Online Smartcard Top-ups via the Smartcard Portal are now disabled.
What about existing Smartcard balances?
Payment for Printing and Copying is now delivered via the new student print service. More information is available on the SIT website - https://www.ucc.ie/en/sit/services/printing/
Student Smartcard Print/Copy balances will be transferred from the Smartcard system to the new system, ready for use by August 16th2019.
Other outstanding balances will either:
- Need to be used up by paying for remaining services (e.g. restaurant/café/shop points of sale, vending machines and the Library Fines payment kiosk in the Boole Library) over the transition period, which completes on Friday, January 10th
- On request, balances may be transferred to the new student print service by emailing email@example.com. This option will only be available until Oct 31st
Things you need to know:
- Ensure you use any existing Smartcard balances before the 10thJanuary 2020.
- Please note that there will be no cash refunds for existing balances.
- Anybalances on Smartcard purses remaining after Friday 10thJanuary 2020 will be transferred to the Student Hardship Fund.
Further information on the progress of this project will be delivered via social media, email and updates on the Smartcard Portal main page.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org you have any further queries.