UCC has Updated its Cashless Payment Options
UCC has updated its cashless payment options
The UCC Smartcard is no longer in operation for cashless payment on campus. The following alternative cashless payment solutions have been implemented:
- Student Print/Copy – New multi-functional devices for print, copy and scan have been installed on campus. The multi-functional devices are still accessed using your student ID card but through a much clearer, more flexible touch-screen interface. More information is available here: https://www.ucc.ie/en/sit/services/printing/ and you can top-up your print balance here: https://uccprint.ucc.ie/
- Library Fines – self-service payment of Library Fines will be possible on new Self-Issue machines due to be installed in the Library during the second semester. This will allow users to pay fines and check out books on the same machines. In the interim period, fines can be paid at the Library Desk, and over the telephone during Library desk opening hours. Library desk opening hours are available on the Library website, https://libguides.ucc.ie/library . Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
- Sales outlets - Sales outlets on campus now accept debit card, credit cards and smart device payment instead of the UCC Smartcard. Please query in each outlet for further details.
- Vending machines – Vending machines have been updated to allow credit/debit card payments as well as cash.
As already communicated, any outstanding cash balances on the Smartcard system will be transferred to the Student Hardship Fund.
Many thanks for your patience during this transition.
What about existing Smartcard balances?
Student Smartcard Print/Copy balances will be transferred from the Smartcard system to the new system, ready for use by August 16th2019.
Other outstanding balances will either:
- Need to be used up by paying for remaining services over the transition period.
- On request, balances may be transferred to the new student print service by emailing email@example.com. This option will only be available until Oct 31st
Outstanding balances on the Smartcard purse will need to be used up by paying for Smartcard services during the transition period. Please ensure you use any existing Smartcard balances before 10th January 2020.
Please note that there will be no cash refunds for existing balances.
Any balances on Smartcard purses remaining after Friday 10th January 2020 will be transferred to the Student Hardship Fund.
Contact: Ruth O’Sullivan
Phone: 021 490 3006
If you would like to speak to someone in person about an issue you may have, please email Smartcard in advance to organise a mutually suitable time to discuss your issue. This ensures you will be given the time to solve any issue you have.
For any questions please go to: https://www.ucc.ie/en/ask/.