Exam Preparation Skills
- Preparing for Exams - A Practical Guide: This session will provide practical tips and tricks for effective study routines in the lead up to exams, guidance on how to plan your study timetable, and help to develop efficient exam techniques.
- Using Technology to prepare for Exams: Let your device do the talking- making the most of the on-campus technology. Learn how to use on campus software to convert text into audio. Also, see how you can use your phone to listen to anything from websites to textbooks
- Taking Examinations at UCC: This session, offered by the Exams and Records Office at UCC, will provide practical guidance on the examinations process in UCC and how to prepare for and conduct yourself during examinations.
- Minding Yourself During Exams - Mindfulness Techniques: This session will help students develop mindfulness techniques to remain calm and centred during times of stress and activity. Mindfulness, at its most basic, is a way of becoming present in the moment through deep breathing exercises and meditation. It is a very popular way of reducing stress and finding clarity in our hectic modern lives, times for these sessions will be released.
- Practice Exam Sessions: Sit in an exam-like room for an hour with other students and practice exam questions. Bring a question that you would like to answer and practice taking the exam.
- Managing Stress and Anxiety Workshops: Free 90 minute workshops by Student Counselling & Development. Facilitated by Anne Cooke, these sessions explore causes of anxiety, including exam stress, and offer practical ways to reduce stress. Additional details can be found on the student counselling website - https://www.ucc.ie/en/studentcounselling/info/
Watch our Exam Prep related Gimme Two Minutes Videos!
The Skills Centre 'Gimme Two Minutes' video series, available for viewing on YouTube, focuses on very basic concepts related to the academic writing and preparation skills, delivered by the University College Cork Skills Centre in a short and visual format. These videos can be used as self-learning tools and also give you a taste of what sessions and workshops the Skills Centre offers to UCC students.