Made2Move Digital Badge
Want to be awarded with a UCC Works Award AND a Digital Badge? Sign up for the Made2Move Digital Badge Today!
Are you a physically active student? Would you like to help a friend, classmate or housemate studying at UCC? If any of these seem familiar to you, then the Made2Move Digital Badge may be perfect for you. This initiative gives you the opportunity to learn how to motivate a fellow student to become more physically active to benefit their health and wellbeing.
Made2Move is a Physical Activity initiative designed to enable people to do what they are created to do:
The programme will result in More People, More Active and More Often
The initiative provides support, motivation and direction to those who are currently physically inactive to incorporate physical activity into their life.
Training evening includes:
- Motivational techniques to help your chosen student
- Guidance on how to support and encourage them throughout the programme
- Guidelines in mentoring them to overcome obstacles to being active
The Move Mentors responsibilities will involve:
- Design a physical activity plan based on their Move Mentee’s ability, preferences, college workload and motivation.
- Meet and train with their Move Mentee once a week.
- Always use positive and motivational language with their Move Mentee.
- Guide their Move Mentee to overcome obstacles to their physical activity plan.
- The Move Mentor will help a fellow student (Move Mentee) at UCC to become more physically active over an 8-week period.
- The Move Mentor encourages and motivates the Move Mentee to reach the recommended 150 minutes of physical activity a week.
- The Move Mentor monitors the step count of the Move Mentee over the course of the 8 weeks and encourages them to reach the recommended 10,000 steps per day.
- The written assessment is a 1500-word reflective piece outlining their experience of the programme detailing how they encouraged, motivated and supported their Move Mentee.
If you would like to find out more about this initiative, feel free to email email@example.com with any of your queries. If not, simply register your interest through the link below!