- If I knew then what I know now
- Sessions & Workshops
- Digital badges & programmes
- SPEAK: Presentation skills Digital Badge
- “Everyday Matters: Healthy Habits for University Life" Digital Badge
- Digital Badge in Independent Thinking
- Avoiding Errors in Reasoning
- Creating and Maintaining a Professional Presence Online
- Survive & Thrive: The ABC's of first year
- UCC Tandem Readers Programme
- Climate Law & Governance for Engaged Citizenship
- Write Here, Write Now: Postgrad push-through
- Digital Passport
- PhD Roadmap Workshop: Organised by PhDs for PhDs
- Bystander Intervention Digital Badge
- Your Brainpower
- Academic Writing & Studying Resources
- Academic Integrity
- Preparing for Exams
- Student Success Survey
- Assignment Calculator
Gimme 2 Minutes
An original idea by Pedro Nilsson-Fernàndez at @uccsplas and Kathy Bradley at @uccskills, the 'Gimme Two Minutes' YouTube video series, focuses on very basic concepts related to the academic writing and preparation skills, delivered by the University College Cork Skills Centre in a short and visual format. These videos can be used as self-learning tools and also give you a taste of what sessions and workshops the Skills Centre offers to UCC students.
The Gimme 2 minutes series is designed with you in mind. It is trying to make sure that you have access to materials that will help you engage with your field of study in every way. The series is broken into different sections so that you will be able to find what you need easily and begin to unlock your potential. Study skills for university can be challenging. Some of us begin to really look at how we study for the first time. We have to examine what works for us and not just follow the crowd.
University College Cork fosters a shared ambition underpinned by independent thinking that allows you to truly come to the fore and excel. To do some of us need to sharpen some of our skills. Often these skills are needed as you transition into university life and as you progress through your degree the area of academic communication may need to be honed. These skills include academic writing, critical thinking and presentation skills.
In the Gimme 2 minutes series you will find lots of material for you to work with to begin to understand what is needed to be a successful third level student.
Check out the entire Gimme Two Minutes Series below or visit our YouTube!
The Gimme Two Minutes series strives to help you with everything related to academic life. From writing your assignments, whether they are literature review's or lab reports, to giving you the tools for self-development, providing tips and tricks for managing your time to useful knowledge on how to prepare for exams. The Skills Centre is here to support you as a third level student at UCC.