OneDrive is a cloud storage facility for UCC students to store and share files.
OneDrive is recommended for data that contains personal information and data that should be stored in the EU.
- Each student has 5,000GB of storage available to use on OneDrive.
- You can access your files from any device as long as you have an internet connection.
- You can share any file you have on your OneDrive with UCC staff and students.
- You can edit documents in real-time, multiple users can edit a shared document at the same time
- OneDrive allows users to view version history
Please note that access to OneDrive is only available to registered students. Students will lose access to OneDrive after graduation.
UCC students can access OneDrive for Business by going to http://o365.ucc.ie
Use your Umail address and password to logon.
Please note OneDrive accounts are closed 30 days after a user leaves UCC. If your account closes, you will lose any data stored on OneDrive.
All UCC Students have access to Google Drive storage, making file backup easier than ever. Because your files are in the cloud, you can access, share, or collaborate from any computer or your mobile devices. All students receive 15GB worth of cloud storage space through their Google Drive.
Each student has access to 5,000GB on OneDrive.
Changes to Google Storage policy
Due to a recent Google policy change, that will affect all higher education institutions, University College Cork will be applying a 15GB limit to each Umail account. Previously Google Drive was a free service to Education institutions. However, Google has announced that it will be implementing a storage limit across all Higher education institutions.
How do I review my storage?
1. To review how much storage you use and delete large or unnecessary files in Drive, go to Drive Storage. https://drive.google.com/#quota
2. To review and delete large or unnecessary files in shared drives, go to shared drives. https://drive.google.com/drive/shared-drives
3.To search for and delete large or unnecessary emails, follow the instructions for Gmail in Manage files in your Google Drive storage. https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6374270#zippy=%2Cgmail
4. If you need to keep any files that don't fit in your account, you can export an archive of your Drive, Gmail, and Photos data with Google Takeout. Then delete unneeded files, messages, and attachments and empty your trash to free up storage space. Learn how to download your data into an archive https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190
You can download a file using these instructions.
If you have more questions, please contact email@example.com
Transferring Files from Google Drive to OneDrive
To use this functionality, you must first connect your UCC G-Suite account in the Files Tab of Microsoft Teams. We do not support connecting personal G-Suite accounts.
1. In the left-hand menu panel, click File
2. Select Add Cloud Storage
3. Enter your UCC Student Umail address and password
4. Once you have added your account, you will be able to access your files in your UCC Google Drive, directly through the Files tab in Teams
5. To copy files from your UCC Google Drive to Microsoft Teams or OneDrive, select the file or files and click the ellipsis button (three dots) and select Copy.
6. Select the location you wish to copy the file to:
7. To copy to another channel, select Browse Teams and Channels and select the relevant Team from the list. You will then be prompted to select the relevant channel on that team
8. To copy to OneDrive, select OneDrive in the menu and select the relevant folder
9. Click Copy to complete
You cannot currently copy a folder; however, you can select multiple files and copy together
When moving data from one storage option to another sharing permissions on files and folders are not transferred across from one platform to the other