Connecting to the eduroam Student Wi-Fi Service
All registered UCC students are allowed to connect their laptops, smartphones and tablets to the eduroam Student Wi-Fi service. To have a device connected to the wireless network please follow the steps below.
eduroam also allows UCC Students to have instant Wi-Fi access at other affiliated institutions all over the world.
If you are a student visiting UCC and are wondering about Wi-Fi access please click here to see more details on our eduroam service.
eduroam Student Wi-Fi connection Instructions
Configure your device
To connect to the eduraom Wi-Fi service simply select eduroam from the available Wi-Fi networks and choose connect. Your username is your UCC Student email address as StudentNum@umail.ucc.ie (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password is your Student IT Account password.
N.B. If you are running Windows 7 however, follow the manual configuration instructions below.
- In the start menu type Manage wireless networks and select.
- Choose Add and Manually create a network profile.
- Enter the network name as eduroam and choose security type as WPA2-Enterprise.
- Click Next and Change connection settings.
- Select the security tab and choose the settings button
- Untick Validate server certificate.
- Under Select Authentication method choose Configure.
- Untick Automatically use my Windows... and click OK.
- Click OK and OK again.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Select Specify Authentication mode and selet User Authentication
- Enter your Student IT account details as StudentNum@umail.ucc.ie and your password when prompted.
Any other Windows device
- Select eduroam from the available Wi-Fi networks in the bottom right hand corner.
- Enter your Student IT account details as StudentNum@umail.ucc.ie and your password.
- Choose Connect
Wi-Fi and Printing - Uprint
Uprint allows you to print from your laptop, from home or from any location on campus. You can upload documents or specify web pages that you want to print.
Please note that you have 6 hours to release your job in an Open Access IT Centre, before it is deleted from the print queue.